Back in the old days, it all started with traditional television commercials. Today the medium called television is slowly being replaced by Youtube, Vimeo, Snapchat and Facebook Live.
Video Marketing on these channels has proved to be attractive, versatile and easily shareable to reach a bigger audience.
Statistics are proving this. Here are some statistical highlights of research visualized by Rawshots.
- Only in the US alone, 75 million people watch videos online every day.
- 82% of internet traffic will come from video by the year 2020.
- 45% of the people browsing the internet worldwide watch over 1 hour of video content on Facebook or Youtube each week.
- 90% of video viewers say product videos are helpful in making a decision.
- Video marketing in mailings create a 63% click-through rate
- Video content is shared by 1200% more on social media than content with just images and text.
So now that you know video marketing is most definitely rewarding for your business or product let’s further explain why video marketing is extremely useful.
1. Your business or product website will thrive with video content
The average internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video content. Whether you like it or not people nowadays are more visually intended than ever before. They will retain information better when it is shown to them visually in a video. This because people process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. The average viewer also remembers 95% of a video after watching it compared to 10% of textual content. So creating product videos, how-tos and demos will not only increase your target audience, but it will also increase the value and retention rates for your potential customers.
2. Video content is more shareable on social media
As mentioned in the statistics just now videos on social media are shared 1200% more than content with just images and text combined.
On a platform like Linkedin, videos are shared 20 times more than other content formats on their feed. Linkedin also jumped in the video success by creating their own tutorials and training videos.
Before starting your marketing strategy for your video content on social media make sure to have your budget and target group clear. This in order to get the desired ROI, by making sure what type of video content will work for your business with the right budget.
3. Google loves video content and improves your SEO
So it is clear that video content boost viewer engagement and interest. This will result in more traffic to your website. This is a crucial factor for Google as traffic and click-through rates determine your Google Ranking. The more traffic and clicks your site’s video gets, the higher your site will rank in the search engine results.
Some great video SEO tips are:
1. Use high-quality thumbnails, create eye-catching visuals that will improve click-through
2. Optimize videos, use good titles and descriptions together with meta tags.
3. Keep videos short, optimal videos are 5-7 minutes long
4. Transcribe text from the sound in your videos, to improve search results.
4.E-mail campaigns boom with video
Videos in your mailings will create a click-through rate of 63 to 96%. In this way, you will stand out next to competitors in getting your message across.
way you will stand out next to competitors in getting your message across.
Make sure to set up KPIs when using videos in your e-mail or marketing campaign. KPIs are numerical metrics that organizations track to measure their progress towards a defined goal. Organizations use KPIs at different levels to successfully reach their targets. For a content video in your email campaign your KPIs could be:
5.Social media shares
For more information on KPIs please check this interesting article “Everything To Know About Setting KPIs For Video Marketing”
5.Mobile users who watch a video, the biggest audience in the world
Video on mobile is huge. According to JWplayer, more than 75 million percent of worldwide video viewing is done on mobiles. This means that mobile phones are the largest medium to share your message worldwide.
Also, smartphone users feel a sense of personal connection twice as likely as TV viewers do.
Video consumption on smartphones can be done anytime anywhere. This means that brands need to be keen on capturing the personal experience people have on their smartphones. More choices in the video content they can consume is therefore crucial. Facebook Watch and Netflix are 2 examples of brands that are constantly adapting to the meet and demands of their audience.